Brunei Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Our tours in Brunei offer authentic experiences of Brunei culture and tradition. Explore the world largest Malay water village, walk wooden bridges past village houses on stilts, meet some local villagers, and be amazed at our untouched mangrove forests and Probocis mokeys. Our small group Brunei sightseeing tours are a great way to get off the beaten track in our amazing country!
So, what are you going to see on your Brunei travel experience? The world's third largest island has long been an inspiration to adventurers, explorers, travellers and writers worldwide. Borneo Island is a place of spellbinding natural wonders with exotic and colourful cultural heritage.
Brunei (offically the State of Brunei Darussalam or the Nation of Brunei, the Abode of Peace) is a sovereign state on the island of Borneo. Tours we run show you the various cultural influences Brunei has. It has the South China Sea on one side, and is bordered by Malaysia and Indonesia, who occupy the rest of Borneo.
In terms of natural resources, Brunei is the best place on Borneo Island to see the rare Wild Proboscis monkey, one of the highlights of Borneo tourism. A 10 minute boat ride from the jetty in the capital city will bring you to a mangrove area where the proboscis monkey co-exists with the local residents.
It is here, on our island, where you can find the world's largest flower, the biggest cave passage in the world, the longest underground river system in the world, the biggest Malay water village in the world, the highest peak in the region, the biggest residential palace in the world, the Orangutan, the rich and unique history of the White Rajah, the descendents of the once-feared head hunter, the longest surviving monarchy in the world and much much more. All of this and much more can be experienced on our Brunei travel experiences!
Inspired? Borneo will never fail to amaze and surprise even the most seasoned traveller. Furthermore, being a relatively new global tourist destination, the hospitality of the Bruneians is still very genuine and not commercially driven like in other more visited destinations around the world. This is one of only a few places on earth that still affords this type of luxury to all visitors.
What are you waiting for? Choose any of our tours of Brunei and soak in the experience! While you're in Southeast Asia, you can also find other Urban Adventures in Bangkok, Boracay, Siem Reap or Ho Chi Minh City!
30,000 people, living on 8km of waterbound village for over 1,000 years. Forget Kevin Costner's terrible Waterworld film, this is the real waterworld! See it for yourself on this Brunei tour unlike any other you've ever been on.more...
Brunei Proboscis Monkey River Safari From USD 102.00
With a face only a mother could love, the Proboscis monkey's personality makes up for its unflattering visage. Search for their funny faces on this Brunei tour that also takes in the world's largest residential palace, because you can't be Sultan without 1,788 rooms!more...
Place: Throughout the Country - [ 28/06/2015 - 29/06/2015 ]
Every year the local muslim community are observing the 1st Day of Ramadhan month. During this month visitors have a rare chance to witness the different local practices and try the food served only during this time.His Majesty The Sultan Birthday
Place: Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Square, Bandar Seri Begawan - [ 15/07/2015 ]
The whole nation of Brunei will be celebrating His Majesty The Sultan's 64th birthday throughout the country.Hari Raya Aidilfitri
Place: Throughout the Country - [ 28/07/2015 - 29/07/2015 ]
Hari Raya Aidilfitri is the Muslim festival of Eid-ul Fitr wich is celebrated nationwide to mark the end of the Ramadan by the Muslim community.more events...
more... more stories...
Brunei Urban Adventures is locally owned and operated by the husband and wife team - Ai Lee Tan (a Bruneian) and Khirul Zainie (from Miri, Sarawak in Malaysia). We work closely with the local community and encourage the engagement of the local community in tourism businesses. We look forward to showing you our unique local culture, heritage and natural wonders.
Brunei Urban Adventures crew and their passengers
Feels like: 31°C
Passing clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.